Tumeric Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup
Made With: Multigrain Mini Croccantini
A chicken noodle soup fit for ‘grown ups’!
- 1 (3 ½ – 4lb) chicken
- 2 medium onions unpeeled and quartered
- 2 heads of garlic, halved lengthwise
- 1 (4inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- Kosher salt
- 12oz (about 4 med. Sized) carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8oz dried udon noodle scallions, thinly sliced
- Place chicken, onions, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, turmeric, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and several pinches of salt in a large pot. Pour in cold water to cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breast registers 155°, 30–35 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and let cool slightly; keep stock simmering. Remove skin from chicken; discard. Pull meat from bones and shred into bite-size pieces; set aside. Return bones and carcass to stock. Increase heat and bring stock to a boil; cook until reduced by about one-third, 15–20 minutes.
- Strain stock into a large saucepan; discard solids. Add carrots, bring to a simmer, and cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Divide noodles among bowls. Add shredded chicken meat to stock and cook just until heated through; season stock with more salt if needed
- Ladle over noodles. Top soup with scallions and drizzle with chili oil.
Original recipe found at