Made With: Toasted Sesame Croccantini
A crunchy and satisfying salad option with a bite!
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Thai chili, thinly sliced and seeded
- ½ cup fresh herbs – basil, mint, and cilantro roughly chopped.
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and ½ tsp salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium an cook until mixture has consistency of syrup. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool completely.
- Add cucumber, onion, and chili; toss and combine. Let stand until cucumbers absorb liquid, 5 minutes, then toss again.
- Top with peanuts and herbs just before serving.
- Pair with our Toasted Sesame Croccantini, and enjoy!
Original recipe found at