Light, but full of flavor, this winter salad is an excellent choice all year round!
- 1oz Parmesan, finely shredded (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 lb firm, ripe Red d’Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 loosely packed cups of baby arugula
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped, plus more for topping.
- Combine cheese, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a food process, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove tops and tough outer layer from fennel bulb. Cut bulb in half lengthwise, core, and then thinly slice crosswise.
- In a large bowl, toss fennel, pears, arugula, and hazelnuts, except those for topping. Drizzle salad dressing to taste, and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with extra hazelnuts if desired. Serve, and enjoy!
Original recipe found at