A new take on a breakfast classic!
- 10 pieces of asparagus
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 slices hearty, seedy bread [use Croccantini full-size cracker]
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ cups of butter
- 1-2 tbs water to thin out if needed
- Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around 5 slices of asparagus –make two bundles.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven to 400 F and bake for 10-12 minutes until prosciutto is crispy and asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the hollandaise by pulsing the egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne and salt in a food processor for 20-30 seconds. Slowly drizzle in the butter while processing until all the butter is incorporated and the hollandaise is nice and thick and creamy.
- To serve, place the full-size Croccantini on a plate and top with two eggs and bundle of prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Drizzle (or cover) with hollandaise and enjoy!
Original recipe found at