Fig, Goat Cheese Pancetta Croccantini
Made With: Original Mini Croccantini
The perfect small bite for a large gathering or small get-together!
- 2 cups dried white wine
- 2 tbs plus 1 tsp honey
- 6 dried Mission figs
- 2 whole star anise
- 3 oz pancetta, sliced into ¼” thick slices
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint; plus 2 tbs for sprinkling
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- In medium saucepan combine the wine, 2 tbs honey, the figs and star anise.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the figs are plump and tender (about 20 mins)
- Transfer the figs to a cutting board to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then cut the figs into ¼” slices. Discard the anise and bring the liquid back to a boil over medium heat. Cook until mixture is thick and reduced to ¼ cup. Transfer the syrup to a small bowl and cool to room temperature
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degree.
- Place the pancetta on a baking sheet and bake until the slices are crispy and brown (about 6 mins). Set aside to cool then chop.
- In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese, lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey, the chopped mint and salt. Spread 1 tbs of the goat cheese mixture on each ‘crostini’
- Drizzle with the reserve syrup
Original recipe found at