A light, crisp appetizer, great for springtime parties.
- 1 lb fresh fava beans, shelled (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- tsp finely grated, lemon zest
- ½ tsp finely grated, lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ aged buffalo mozzarella, torn into thin strips
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the fava beans until the skins start to loosen, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the favas. Transfer the favas to a food processor, and and oil, lemon juice, and zest, and pulse to a coarse puree. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the fava bean on Croccantini, and top with mozzarella strips. Drizzle with balsamic, and scatter mint on top. Serve and enjoy.
Original recipe found at