Made With: Rosemary Mini Croccantini
A savory, cheesy snack or appetizer for all you hummus lovers!
- 1Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp shredded Asiago cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. For carmelized onion, in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are very tender and caramelized. Coarsely chop; set aside.
- For hummus, in a food processor combine beans, water, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, snipped rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in 2 Tbsp. of the cheese. Transfer to a 12- to 16-ounce individual casserole.
- Top hummus with caramelized onion and remaining cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is browned and hummus is heated through. Garnish with rosemary sprig.
Original recipe found at
Original recipe found at bhg.com