Made With: Original Croccantini
The prefect “pizza” for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup (packed) arugula leaves (about 2 ounces); plus additional (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil; plus additional (for brushing)
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (or more) warm water (110°F to 115°F), divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/4-ounce packets active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
- 8 ounces fingerling potatoes, cooked, cooled, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch slices (microwave beforehand)
- 8 ounces asparagus; thin stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces, thick stalks cut into 1/4- to 1/3-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (not drained)
- 8 large eggs
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with water.
- Microwave until wilted, about 20 seconds. Drain, pressing on spinach to release liquid. Place spinach, 1 cup arugula, 1/2 cup oil, and garlic in blender.
- Blend until coarse puree forms. Transfer pesto to small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Spread pesto over full size Croccantini crackers.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of potatoes, 1/4 of asparagus, 1/4 of corn, and 1/4 of peas over pesto. Spoon three 1-tablespoon dollops ricotta over vegetables.
- Slide full size Croccantini onto stone; bake until crust is golden brown on bottom and around edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium heat.
- Crack 2 eggs into skillet; cook just until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to work surface.
- Place 2 fried eggs atop pizza. Scatter shaved Parmesan and arugula leaves over.
- Cut Croccantini “pizza” into wedges and serve.
Original recipe found at