Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks, is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual with a strong passion for food to join our Tukwila, Washington Manufacturing team.
QA Compliance Specialist
As a member of the Operations Team, you will oversee quality and food safety activities. The successful applicant for this opportunity has knowledge of BRC and/or other GFSI schemes, knowledge of HACCP/HARPC, is a strong communicator, highly organized, and capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Manage Quality and Food Safety Management Programs (BRC, HACCP & HARPC, Process Controls, Prerequisite and Supportive Programs) complying to all Regulatory, GFSI, Corporate and Customer requirements
- Responsible for onsite identity persevered certification programs: Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
- Lead cross functional Food Safety Team
- Conduct verification and validation activities for site
- Manage CAPA, Hold and Release, and Recall Programs
- Participate in Production Meetings where required
- Manage customer complaint program, investigating and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings and corrections to customers
- Complete customer information request packets as requested
- Manage site training program
- Manage multisite State and Federal license renewals (Food Processing, Food Storage, and Bioterrorism)
- Manage Supplier and Raw Material Approval and Monitoring Program
- Assist Marketing, Sales, and R&D with product development
- Compile trend analysis and KPI data and communicate to Senior Management as required
- Contribute to site safety programs as necessary
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- College or Bachelor degree in Food Science Technology/Engineering or related field
- Preference will be given to those with 1-2 years relevant working experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Broad range of experience with Operational Systems and GMP Programs
- Strong knowledge of BRC or similar GFSI program
- HACCP certification and Food Safety practical and theoretical knowledge
- PCQI, Preventive Controls Quality Individual (maintained every 5 years)
- Food Defense Coordinator certified
- Trained Internal Auditor
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience developing Quality Programs
- Knowledge of the principles of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
- A history of meeting and exceeding challenging performance goals; a desire to “win”
- Ability to perform tasks effectively both individually and as a member of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong skills in Word, Excel to manage and analyze quality data
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please apply in writing by June 30, 2023 quoting the appropriate position title to: [email protected] (.txt, .doc or .pdf formats).
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.