Dare Foods Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality biscuits, crackers, fine breads, confectionery products, and portable snacks is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual with a strong passion for food to join our Charlotte Manufacturing team. H
In this position you will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of food manufacturing plant equipment and systems. You must be available for on-call duty and weekend work as needed outside of your normal hours.
- Hands-on repair and/or fabrications of plant equipment and machinery
- Preventive maintenance (PM)
- Train and instruct production staff about equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- Inventory monitoring and maintenance
- Maintain work orders
- Work with all Plant personnel
- Special projects
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to solve maintenance related problems
- Ensure that all job tasks are performed in compliance with all food safety and quality management system rules, procedures, policies and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work assigned hours
- Availability for 24/7 on-call duty
- Good at maintaining and repairing production related equipment and systems
- Good at managing maintenance projects
- Good with chemicals and SDS instructions
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English language
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office Outlook, Excel and Word
Education and Experience Required
- Three (3) or more years of Maintenance experience in manufacturing environment
- AA Degree, or Certificate in Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology, or other related field preferred
- Welding, electrical, and low voltage certifications preferred
- HVAC certification preferred
- Forklift certification, or ability to obtain it
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise.
This position is committed to ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality checks, good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/ state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.), HACCP, meet Global Food Safety standards, and environmental compliance.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Must be able to pass background check and drug test. Madrona Specialty Foods participates in the E-Verify program
We offer training, competitive wages and a full benefit package.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume by July 11, 2022 quoting the appropriate position title to [email protected] (Word or PDF format)
Thank you for your interest in Dare Foods Ltd. and the opportunity to review your resume, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No follow up inquiries or agencies at this time please
Guided by our Purpose, Mission and Values Dare Foods Limited is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, supported and proud to work here.
Dare Foods Ltd. will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.