Gnocchi with Bacon and Dates
1 14.5oz. package frozen gnocchi
Sliced thick bacon, small dice or strips
8 dates, small dice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
1. Cook gnocchi according to package, and place in ice bath.
2. Drain ice bath and dry gnocchi completely on parchment paper.
3. In a cast iron skillet or frying pan, crisp bacon over medium heat.
4. Transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate, and add gnocchi to bacon fat in skillet.
5. Sear gnocchi in bacon fat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side, and transfer to bowl.
6. In skillet, add dates; whisk in wine and stock and simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/2.
7. Stir in parsley, bacon, and gnocchi, and toss.
8. Serve and enjoy!