Winter Salad with Apple and White Cheddar
2 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small head radicchio, leaves cut lengthwise into narrow strips
2 heads Belgian endive, leaves cut lengthwise into narrow strips
1 small head frisee (tough stems removed), torn into small pieces
1 Granny Smith tart apple (unpeeled), thinly sliced
1 Fuji, Pink Lady, or other sweet apple (unpeeled), thinly sliced
½ cup toasted walnut halves
Wedge of sharp white cheddar cheese
Original recipe found at: http://archive.jsonline.com/features/recipes/103667689.html
- To make dressing, whisk together vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad, combine radicchio, endive and frisee in large salad bowl.
- Toss well.
- Add apples and nuts and drizzle with dressing. Toss again.
- Using vegetable peeler or sharp knife, shave curls of the cheese over the top.
- Serve right away with Cracked Pepper Mini Croccantini Crackers!