Summer Squash Pasta
¼ cup olive oil
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 lbs assorted summer squash and zucchini, quartered lengthwise
1 tsp pepper
12 ounces paccheri or ziti pasta
2 ounces Parmesan, grated (about ½ cups)
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
½ cup basil leaves
Original recipe found at: www.epicurious.com
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic, stirring occasionally until browned around the edges; about 4 minutes.
- Add squash, season with salt.
- Cook, tossing occasionally until squash begins to break down and gets jam-like. 12 – 15 mins.
- Toss in 1 tsp pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally until al dente.
- Transfer pasta to a skillet using slotted spoon and add ½ cup pasta to cooking liquid.
- Cook pasta, adding 2oz Parmesan in stages along with more pasta cooking liquid as need until sauce coats pasta and pasta is al dente. Toss in lemon juice and most of basil.
- Divide pasta top with Parmesan, pepper and remaining basil.