Roasted Summer Squash with Lemon, Mint and Feta
5-6 yellow summer squash or zucchini, about 8” long
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup very finely chopped mint
Salt to taste
1 cup crumbled feta
Pepper to taste
Original Recipe: www.kalynskitchnen.com
- Preheat oven to 475 F. and put oven rack as high as it will go.
- Spray and baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Wash squash and cut off stem and flower ends. Cut each squash into quarters lengthwise; then cut into pieces about 2” long.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mint and salt then put that mixture into a plastic bowl and toss squash with mixture.
- Arrange squash on a roasting pan in a single layer as much as possible.
- Roast squash turning every 15-20 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Total cook time 45 minutes.
- Put back in same bowl and toss with feta cheese.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper and pair with Multigrain Croccantini Crackers!