Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese
4 cups bone broth or vegetable stock
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 shallot minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Fresh ground black pepper
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Original recipe found at: www.platingsandpairings.com
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the stock and pumpkin over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Once the foaming subsides, add the shallot and salt. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme and rice and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the white wine vinegar and a ladle of warm stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Add another ladle of stock, and continue cooking until evaporated again.
- Continue cooking, adding a ladle of stock at a time, and allowing to evaporate in between each addition. Cook until the rice is done, but has a bite to it, it should be creamy in texture, and will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the parmesan, half of the parsley, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining parsley, goat cheese and dried cranberries.
- Serve immediately with Original Mini Croccantini.