Pan Roasted Salmon with Summer Succotash
A light but satisfying meal that says summer is here!
½ cup crème fraiche
1.4 cup whole grain mustard
2 tsp lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
¼ cup lemon juice (from same 2 lemons)
¼ tsp kosher salt
4 (6 oz) skinless filets of salmon
½ tsp kosher salt
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 small red bell pepper (about ¾ cup) diced
1 large shallot diced
¾ cup frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
1 cup frozen corn kernels
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup baby kale, roughly chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs chopped basil
Original recipe found at www.giadadelaurentiis.com
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and ½ tsp salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium an cook until mixture has consistency of syrup. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool completely.
- Add cucumber, onion, and chili; toss and combine. Let stand until cucumbers absorb liquid, 5 minutes, then toss again.
- Top with peanuts and herbs just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together the crème fraiche, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon on all sides with the salt.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and use tongs to gently place the salmon, flesh side down in the pan. Allows the salmon to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes to form an even, golden crust.
- Using a spatula, gently flip each filet. Place the pan in the preheated oven and cook for an additional 3-04 minutes for a medium doneness. Remove them the oven and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, red pepper, and shallots and cook for 4 minutes; stirring often.
- Add the edamame, corn, and salt and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the kale, lemon juice, and basil.
- To serve, place 2 tbs of the sauce in a circle onto each serving plate, then top with a ½ cup of the succotash and salmon fillet. Serve with more sauce on the side if desired.
- Serve with Original Mini Croccantini!