Heirloom Tomato and Arugula Pizzantini
8oz pizza sauce
8oz fresh mozzarella
3-4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into slices
6 cups arugula
8 large basil leaves
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil over your favorite full-size Croccantini, then spread evenly with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic, then add cheese.
- Place pizzantini in oven at 400F until cheese begins to melt, 5-8 minutes. Be certain you do not burn the Croccantini.
- Roll up basil and cut into thin slices (chiffonade), then toss in a bowl with arugula, one teaspoon of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pizzantini from oven, and top with tomato slices, and arugula topping. Serve hot.