Ground Beef Veggie Stew
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow summer squash, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
2 cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Original recipe found at: www.tasteofhome.com
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add oil, squash, zucchini and red pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beef, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro to serve.
- If desired, top with sour cream.
- Serve with Multigrain Mini Croccantini crackers.