Grilled Watermelon Salad
1/2 small (5lbs) watermelon
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cups fresh baby arugula, washed and dried
1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Stand the watermelon half cut-side down on a cutting board, and slice away the rind, leaving a solid block of melon.
2. Turn the block on its side and cut it into 8 squares, roughly 3 inches by 3 inches by one inch.
3. Pour vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to a thick syrup, and set aside.
4. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Thinly coat watermelon with olive oil, and place on hot grill pan.
5. Grill each side until grillmarks appear; about 2 minutes per side.
6. Transfer watermelon to a plate and season with salt.
7. To serve, put 1/4 cup arugula on serving plate, and place a grilled watermelon cube in the center.
8. Top plate with crumbled goat cheese, and lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic syrup.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy immediately, with Black Pepper Mini Croccantini.