Grilled Apricot, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Bites
A great vegetarian grilling option, perfectly balancing the sweet and savory flavors of summertime.
6 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp thyme leaves
2 Tbsp pine nuts
1 1/2 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
1 bunch arugula, stemmed
1 4oz log fresh goat cheese, cut into slices
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. While grill is heating, toss apricots with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Grill apricot halves for about 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and softened.
4. In a small skillet, toast pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer nuts to a cutting board and finely chop.
5. Put pine nuts in a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, add arugula, and toss.
6. Arrange apricot halves on Mini Multigrain Croccantini, and add sliced goat cheese and arugula. Drizzle with balsamic if desired, and serve.