Corn Dip With Pecorino Romano
A tasty, flavorful dip, perfect for picnics and potlucks alike!
3 jalapeños, halved and seeded
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 ears corn, chucked, kernels cut off
1 large shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup water (use more or less as needed)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 diced tomatoes, divided
1 cup grated Peccorino Romano cheese
Juice from 2 limes
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp chopped taragon, divided
1. Set oven to broil. In a small mixing bowl, toss jalapeños with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
2. Transfer jalapeños to baking sheet, and broil until skin begins to blister, about 1 minute.
3. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add shallots and cook until just beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
6. Add garlic and cook until garlic has softened, about 1 minute.
7. Add corn and sauté until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
8. Season corn mixture with salt and pepper.
9. Remove 1 cup of corn mixture and set aside to cool.
10. Add water to remaining ingredients in pan to deglaze.
11. Transfer mixture to food processor, add roasted jalapeños, and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the processor periodically.
12. Whisk together sour cream, reserved sautéed corn, and jalapeño-corn purée until well-mixed.
13. Add 1 cup of tomatoes, Pecorino Romano cheese, lime juice, smoked paprika, cayenne, and 1 Tbsp of tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
14. Transfer dip to refrigerator and let sit for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to mix.
15. Serve with your favorite Croccantini, or store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.