Carrot, Kale and Vegetable Sauté
8 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
4 large carrots, sliced
2 cups peeled cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch pieces)
1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 cups of fresh kale, chopped
Mini Garlic Croccantini
Original recipe found at: www.tasteofhome.com
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add carrots and squash to drippings; cook, covered over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add poblano pepper and onion; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in seasonings. Add tomatoes and kale; cook, covered, until kale is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Top with bacon.