Bacon Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
1 large spaghetti squash (about 4 1/2 pounds)
1 pound bacon
1/4 cup butter cut into pieces (1 cube – 8 tablespoons)
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Original recipe found at: www.homecookingmemories.com
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully cut stem end off of the spaghetti squash and discard. Cut squash into approximate 1″ rings, width-wise. Gently remove seeds and pulp from each ring; discard.
- Place spaghetti squash rings lying down on prepared baking sheet. *Bake in oven for about 40-45 minutes or until strands separate easily when scraped with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, cut your bacon into pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium heat, moving and turning frequently, until bacon is fully cooked and crispy. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon pieces from skillet and set aside.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Remove shells of each ring and separate stands with a fork. Place strands in a large bowl.
- Add butter to your warm spaghetti squash and toss with the strands until the butter is fully melted and incorporated. Stir in Parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Serve with Mini Cracked Pepper Croccantini crackers.