Thai Cucumber Salad
½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
Pinch of salt
½ small red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
2 tbs sugar
1 English cucumber
1 Thai chili, thinly sliced and seeded
½ cup fresh herbs – basil, mint, and cilantro roughly chopped.
Original recipe found at www.marthastewart.com
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and ½ tsp salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium an cook until mixture has consistency of syrup. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl; let cool completely.
- Add cucumber, onion, and chili; toss and combine. Let stand until cucumbers absorb liquid, 5 minutes, then toss again.
- Top with peanuts and herbs just before serving.
- Pair with our Toasted Sesame Mini Croccantini, and enjoy!