Spicy Pumpkin Hummus
Change up your hummus by adding pumpkin and a bit more spice.
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp tahini
1/2 can pure pumpkin
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tbsp salt
1/4 cayenne pepper (or to taste)
3 tbsp olive oil
Baked pumpkin seeds (for serving)
- Combine tahini and lemon juice in food processor; blend for 1 minute. Using a spatula or spoon, scrape sides of processor and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, cumin, salt; blend for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of processor and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse can of chickpeas, add half to processor, and blend for 1 minute. Scrape sides of processor, add remainder of can; blend mixture until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, blend until smooth. With processor running, add olive oil until blended.
- When ready to serve, drizzle olive oil over surface, and add pumpkin seeds.