Smoked Salmon Mousse
An easy-to-make salmon spread your guests will love.
4oz smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin (look for Knox in the baking section)
1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
1. Place 3 Tbsp. cold water in a saucepan, and sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften for 5 minutes.
2. Gently heat water over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves completely. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine salmon, sour cream, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth, and season with salt.
4. With motor running, add slightly cooled gelatin mixture to processor, and blend until combined.
5. Refrigerate mousse for at least 2 hours before serving. Do not refrigerate longer than overnight.
6. Serve on Mini Multigrain or Whole Wheat Croccantini, with dill for garnish if desired.