Onion Bacon Marmalade
4 slices of thick bacon
4 large yellow onions , halved and sliced in ¼ ” slices
1 tbs. kosher salt
2 cups apple cider
¼ cup sherry vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
10 sprigs thyme
2 tbs. black pepper
Camembert or Brie
Original recipe found at: tastykitchen.com
- Heat a dutch oven or a large heavy sauce pam on medium heat.
- Cook the bacon until it’s just crisp, then remove the slices and set aside, leaving all the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add the onions and salt to the pan; reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook until the onions soften (about 15 minutes).
- Chop the bacon fine and add it and the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Cook uncovered until the liquid is reduced to almost nothing, stirring occasionally (about an hour).
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until the onions are rich medium brown color, stirring frequently (about 10 minutes). If it starts looking too dry, add water ¼ cups at the time.
- Serve with our Mini Multigrain Croccantini.