Mascarpone Jalapeno Jelly Appetizers
Sweet and creamy appetizer with a kick!
8 oz Mascarpone cheese
For the Jalapeno Jelly:
1 large green bell pepper
12 jalapeno pepers
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 pinch salt
4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
4 oz liquid pectin
4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
Original recipe for jelly found at: allrecipes.com
- Combine the green bell pepper and 12 jalapeno peppers in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. This can be done in batches, if the peppers do not fit.
- Transfer the peppers to a large saucepan, and stir in the cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the mixture through at least 2 layers of cheesecloth, and discard pulp. You should have about 1 cup of liquid.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for one minute, then stir in the liquid pectin.
- Stir in the remaining jalapeno peppers, and ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken.
- Spread Mascarpone evenly across Toasted Oat Thins
- Add a generous dollop of homemade Jalapeno Jelly to the cracker; serve and enjoy!