Herb and Roasted Pepper Cheesecake
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
3/4 cup minced fresh basil
1/3 cup minced fresh chives
3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Roasted sweet red pepper strips and additional minced chives, optional
Original recipe found at: www.tasteofhome.com
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. spring form pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place cream cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add eggs; pulse just until combined.
- Add red peppers, herbs, bacon and garlic; cover and pulse just until blended.
- Pour filling into prepared pan. Place spring form pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove spring form pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife.
- Cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the rim from pan.
- Just before serving, drizzle cheesecake with oil; top with red pepper strips and chives if desired.
- Serve with Original Croccantini Crackers!