Fig, Goat Cheese Pancetta Croccantini
The perfect small bite for a large gathering or small get together!
2 cups dried white wine
2 tbs plus 1 tsp honey
6 dried Mission figs
2 whole star anise
3 oz pancetta, sliced into ¼” thick slices
8 oz goat cheese
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp chopped fresh mint; plus 2 tbs for sprinkling
¼ tsp kosher salt
Origianl recipe found at: https://www.giadzy.com
1. In medium saucepan combine the wine, 2 tbs honey, the figs and star anise.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the figs are plump and tender (about 20 mins)
4. Transfer the figs to a cutting board to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Then cut the figs into ¼” slices. Discard the anise and bring the liquid back to a boil over medium heat. Cook until mixture is thick and reduced to ¼ cup. Transfer the syrup to a small bowl and cool to room temperature
7. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degree.
Place the pancetta on a baking sheet and bake until the slices are crispy and brown (about 6 mins). Set aside to cool then chop.
8. In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese, lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey, the chopped mint and salt. Spread 1 tbs of the goat cheese mixture on each ‘crostini’
9. Drizzle with the reserve syrup