Bruschetta with Peppers and Gorgonzola
A simple, colorful and delicious snack the whole family will enjoy!
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
½ tsp. sugar
1 tbs. capers, drained
2 tbs. julienned fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground pepper
3 oz. Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
Original recipe found at: www.foodnetwork.com
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 2 tbs. of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and cook until soft. About 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the capers and basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Brush Croccantini with olive oil. Set aside.
- Arrange in rows, oil side-up, on a sheet lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top each with spoonful of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of Gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1-2 minutes and warm through.
- Serve immediately.