Arugula, Asparagus and Fried Egg Flatbread
1 cup (packed) fresh spinach (about 2 ounces)
1 cup (packed) arugula leaves (about 2 ounces); plus additional (for garnish)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil; plus additional (for brushing)
4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 cup (or more) warm water (110°F to 115°F), divided
1 tablespoon honey
2 1/4-ounce packets active dry yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
8 ounces fingerling potatoes, cooked, cooled, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch slices (microwave beforehand)
8 ounces asparagus; thin stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces, thick stalks cut into 1/4- to 1/3-inch pieces
1 cup frozen corn
2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
3/4 cup ricotta cheese (not drained)
8 large eggs
Parmesan cheese shavings
Original recipe found at: www.epicurious.com
- Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with water.
- Microwave until wilted, about 20 seconds. Drain, pressing on spinach to release liquid. Place spinach, 1 cup arugula, 1/2 cup oil, and garlic in blender.
- Blend until coarse puree forms. Transfer pesto to small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Spread pesto over full size Croccantini crackers.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of potatoes, 1/4 of asparagus, 1/4 of corn, and 1/4 of peas over pesto. Spoon three 1-tablespoon dollops ricotta over vegetables.
- Slide full size Croccantini onto stone; bake until crust is golden brown on bottom and around edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush nonstick skillet with oil; heat over medium heat.
- Crack 2 eggs into skillet; cook just until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer pizza to work surface.
- Place 2 fried eggs atop pizza. Scatter shaved Parmesan and arugula leaves over.
- Cut Croccantini “pizza” into wedges and serve.