Roasted Kohlrabi with Buttered Hazelnuts
2 lb. kohlrabi, peeled, quartered and cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt and ground pepper
¼ cup chopped blanched hazelnuts
2 tbs. apple-cider vinegar
1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs. butter
1 tsp. fresh thyme
2 tbs. pure maple syrup
Original recipe found at: www.marthastewart.com
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a baking sheet toss kohlrabi with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until it begins to brown; 20-25 minutes.
- Stir; continue roasting until tender; 5-10 minute.s
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add hazelnuts and cook. Stirring often, until golden; 3-4 minutes
- Add thyme, cook until fragrant; 1-2 minutes
- Stir in vinegar and maple syrup; cook 1 minute.
- Season lightly with salt. Transfer to bowl; add kohlrabi and toss to coat.