Orange and Mixed Beans Salad
1 red Thai chili pepper or other small hot chili, thinly sliced/.
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tsp sherry vinegar and red wine
Kosher salt, ground black pepper
2 cups cooked, cooled mixed beans
3 blood navel, or regular oranges
2 small stalks celery, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 cup sprouts (if desired)
½ cup cilantro leaves, divided
Original recipe found at: www.epicurious.com
- Combine chili, oil, lime juice and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans and toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes to allow flavors to marry.
- Meanwhile using a small knife, remove peel and pith from oranges. Cut crosswise into ¼” thick rounds.
- Add oranges, celery, and half of sprouts and cilantro to beams. Season with salt and pepper and toss once to combine.
- Serve topped with remaining sprouts and cilantro.