Maple Roasted Veggies and Bacon Pizzantini
With an abundance of veggies and the sweet notes from the maple syrup, this Pizzantini is comfort food to the tee.
1 cup butternut squash, cubed small
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped small
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 cup brussel sprouts, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
Salt and pepper
4 oz fontina, shredded
6 slices turkey bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Lay all the chopped veggies onto sheet. Try not to overlap them too much.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and maple syrup. Drizzle over the veggies. Generously season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done, remove from the oven. Spread veggies out evenly onto both of the flatbreads. Sprinkle with fontina and bacon.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are brown and cheese is melted.