Fig & Olive Tapenade
1 cup dried figs, chopped
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp paprika
2/3 cup mixed dark olives, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small wheel of Brie or other soft cheese
- In medium saucepan, cook figs with water on medium heat until tender. Be certain all liquid is reduced before moving to step 2.
- Remove figs from heat, and mix with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, and paprika.
- Add in garlic and olives, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, place on brie or other soft cheese, and serve cold.