Easy Moroccan Chickpea Stew
2 tsp olive oil
1 diced yellow onion
1 diced carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepeper, minced
1 cubed gold potato
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground turmeric
1/8 tsp salt
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can vegetable broth
Original recipe found at: www.myrecipes.com
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, and jalapeño to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in potato and next 7 ingredients (through broth).
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Serve over rice. Top with yogurt, if desired.