Ravioli with Burst Tomatoes and Mascarpone
A colorful and elegant meal for two!
1 680 g (24oz) bag frozen cream cheese filled ravioli
3 pint assorted grape tomatoes
1 large tomato, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup torn assorted fresh herbs
1 226 g (8oz) container mascarpone cheese
Original recipe found at: www.southernliving.com
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler with oven rack 4-5 inches from heat. Stir together tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil in a 15 x 10″ jelly roll pan. Broil 5-8 minutes or until tomatoes are charred; stirring halfway through.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in butter, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs. Spoon over hot cooked ravioli; dollop with cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately with Mini Rosemary Croccantini crackers!